With summer travel looking much different this year, we chose to spend a few weekends at the beach for a little socially distant relaxation. Hilton Head is about 3 hours from Columbia and a perfect little getaway. Our comfort level with eating out at restaurants may be different than others, but I wanted to share some of the delicious restaurants we visited in Hilton Head during our stays.
A few things to know about dining in Hilton Head.
- There are not a lot of restaurants on the beachfront like you see in many coastal towns. Most “waterfront” restaurants are on the Bay/Harborside and still have awesome outdoor dining.
- Most restaurants take reservations, so make them on Open Table, Resy, or by calling.
- As of 9/10/20 masks are mandatory upon entering restaurants.
Seafood Restaurants in Hilton Head
- Poseidon $$ | Cool modern restaurant with a large outdoor bar, sushi, fresh seafood and brunch | Indoor & Outdoor Dining | Reservations
- Coast $$$ | Oceanfront restaurant with delicious appetizers & seafood (FYI you have to pay to get into this neighborhood to get to the restaurant.) Indoor & Outdoor Dining | Reservations
- Hudsons $$ | Casual seafood joint on the bay with a large menu and fresh oysters | Indoor & Outdoor Dining | No Reservations
- Skull Creek Dockside $$ |Cute nautical themed space with large patio, diverse menu, and great brunch | Indoor & Outdoor Dining | Reservations
- Catch 22 $$$ | Land and sea dinner spot with a variety of small plates | Indoor Dining | Reservations
- Old Oyster Factory $$ | Casual seafood spot for lunch and dinner | Indoor & Outdoor Dining | Reservations
- ELA’s on The Water $$$ | Great for a nice dinner, surf & turf, and live music | Indoor & Outdoor Dining | Reservations